Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ready or Not, Christmas is almost Here...

I must say, for Christmas to be in two weeks, I am more ready for Christmas this year than I was last. Mainly because I have planned it out a little differently than last year. Everything in my house is very basic. I did not decorate very much outside or inside. I just feel like it just needs to be simple to be pretty this year. And for the first time in a very long time, the gifts are mostly bought. I just have a few that are on order, and I hope and pray that they will be here in time for Christmas. But the gifts are very simple. I haven't bought for hardly anybody this year. I have a few gifts that I had to buy that where small in cost. I feel like everybody bent to the financial needs of other's. Like instead of drawing names, we are exchanging a ten dollar man or woman's gift a church. And at work, the ladies are bring a ten dollar scrap booking supply. And as for my extended family, we are not doing gifts this year. So I feel like everyone understands the financial strain everyone is under this year. I mainly bought for my son, husband, sister, mother and father and in-laws. So I myself do not feel stress out very much this year. There is much to do and make. Plus I informed Santa, that my son wants a couple of things that have to be made or put together. So Santa is feeling the stress of Christmas. I told him put a smile on his face and enjoy it. So anyway ready or not, Christmas is almost here and I'm ready for it.

I can not wait till this coming weekend. My mom and I are going to make candy and treats. This was passed down from my grandmother. Baking and making Candy was her treat to us. I feel very honored in receiving some of her recipes that she made every year. I'm looking forward in making Rice Krispees treats, sugar cookie's, a recipe called Heavenly Hash, Fudge, and Chocolate covered Pretzel. All of those good and fating candy. It's just a fun time to get together with my mom and sister. And maybe this year Carson will be able to help with making candy. It will be very interesting. But I'm sure it will be eatable.

I love Christmas mainly because it seems to be the only time when most of the world stands still for at least a day. I mean when everything is closed, even Wal-Mart the day of Christmas, is what I mean when things are at a stand still. I know it's silly but when leaving my Grandpa's we just have to drive into the parking lot of Wal-mart. Because there is not a single soul around. I believe most people try to really feel the Peace that God wishes we had all through the year. I try to have this peace in my heart. God want's us all to have peace and share that peace of the season to everyone. This is my Grownup Christmas wish. That we all try to find Peace within ourselves and with others. So are you truly ready for Christmas this year. You've only got two weeks left. Find it, feel it, and share the spirit of Christmas with everyone you come in contact with. Because Christmas is almost here!!!

No comments: