Saturday, December 29, 2007

Surving the Hoilday's...

Ok, It's been awhile, and no I'm not dead. Just been very busy. Yeah we survived the Holiday's. We actually made it. It actually wasn't that bad this year. We were very blessed to be off work both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. This gave a chance to spread our time out with everyone. We got to spend some time with Davids family and my family. I don't know what happened this year, but we where not rushed at all. It felt very good. We got to catch up on family life, and not worry about presents. Or at least the adults didn't worry about presents... The years past we spent the night with my mom and had Christmas Morning with her. Here is Carson Opening his presents Christmas Morning. This was the very first Christmas Morning at my house this year. We did the whole Santa's milk and cookies. And yes we even feed the reindeer. This year Carson realize who Santa was and so I invited my Mom and Dad to come over and watch him opened his gifts from Santa. It was so cute, we continued the Thomas the Train Theme from his Birthday for Christmas.
So he had a good Christmas I believe. We just tried to make sure he had a few things under the tree. We than went to Mom's house to have breakfest and opened Presents for her. It was fun and me and my sister got Scrap booking things. That's about all I ask for this year. Boy it was more than what I expected. I also got a scrapbook Sweatshirt. Here I am posing.

I was very surprised about the sweatshirt. Anyway my husband got me a watch and money. He told me he didn't know what to get me this year. But I was happy he gave me money anyway. So we did our gifts and than we went to spend Christmas with my Grandpa and my step Grandmother. We did a little bit different this year we rented a place. So for the very first year in my 30yrs of my life. We didn't have Christmas at my Grandpa's. It was bittersweet this year. For one reason, we had enough room, and the TV wasn't going on. The other thing, before we left there was a piano in the place. My dad played and the family started singing songs for my grandpa. You see, our family is based on a Christian Singing Family. There is my Dad, and my two uncles who play the piano and are preaches. So the biggest part of past holiday's was singing old hymns that Grandpa and Grandma loved to here. So that was the highlight of the day singing around like we used to do when we where little.


So we had a very blessed Christmas and hope we have a Blessed New year also.


No comments: