Friday, March 21, 2008

A Blessed Weekend...

We had a wonderful Blessed Easter Weekend. It started when David took Carson to see his mom and dad. They gave Carson a small basket filled with Hotwheel's. He was so excited about the car's. He played with them for hours Friday Night. But while they where there at David's mom and dad's, I went to church making final decissions on the Easter program. It was so blissful. I was in our little church by myself, decorated beautiful for Easter, working on a program to celebrate easter. And here it was good Friday and I was at church. It was a moment that I could feel God's pressence there with me. I mean what a way to start off your easter weekend.

Then we took Carson to the community Egg Hunt Saturday. We had to help the easter bunny get ready (MY SISTER). Carson never knew that she was the bunny. She wouldn't say a word to him. She didn't want to give it away just yet. Got to the egg hunt there where about 50 to 60 little toddlers finding 2,000 egg's in his age group. It was crazy. Carson was with his Daddy while I took pictures and video. Well they found about 20 eggs filled with candy and sweets. While the Easter Bunny had to be with the other age group's, we took Carson to the blow up things. Carson did not want to leave. He was having such a good time !! But we had to go to my mom's house and dye easter eggs. He was getting tired and sleepy so we laid him down. We let him sleep for awhile. In the years past, I've been know to not let carson do it by hiself. So this year I was paitent with him. I let him be as crazy with the eggs as he wanted. In the past I got upset because the dye would not get off his hands. So this year I tried to be paitent with him, He did very well. He finally got the hang of it toward the end.



As we approach Sunday Morning, I could feel the presence of God. There was just something about how we approach Easter this year. So there we where in our Sunday Best. We got to church, had our Easter program. It was very moving, we shared the pain and suffering that Jesus had to go through to give us eternal life. I hope everyone enjoyed it. We took the Lords Supper. Just the whole day was good. We came out to mom's and had good food and hide the egg's for Carson. The only thing was it was soooo cold. We watch the movie King of Kings a tradition I hope will last. But what a Year to celebrate Easter with my son and family.

No comments: