Friday, July 11, 2008

My Cup Runneth Over....

I really don't know who read's my blog anymore. But for those that do, I want to say a special Thank You!! Those that have said one or more prayer's for my Grandpa, we are happy to say that he is going home today. Wow, Isn't that great. God truly answer's prayer's. He had to have two stints in, and was 70-80% block on the right side. He made it through everything. He is still weak and is tired, but all in all I'd say he is doing pretty good. And we give our Thanks to God above, for he held my Grandpa in his hands and help him through. There is just so much to be Thankful for and we give God the praise. My Cup runneth over with Blessing's.

As I think about this week, I regret now that I didn't go back in the ICU room. When they put Grandpa on the vent. My mind keeps going back eleven years ago when my Grandma was in the Baptist Hospital in Memphis. My parents did not want me to go back and see her, because she was fighting off infection and we didn't know if it was contagious or not. I didn't get to see my grandma fight for our life and the memories I have of her are the ones not in the hospital. So In my mind that's what I had wanted with my Grandpa. I didn't want to see him with the tube inside him, in case that would be the last for him. Does that sound mean. I mean I'm fixing to be thirty years old. I could handle it. But was this the right decision of not going back? Was it wrong for me to have my family see me refuse to see Grandpa!!! It's been on my mind all week. I just want to make the right decision next time this happens, to the one's that I love. But as for right now I will get to see and talk with my Grandpa. And the best thing is Carson will get to do the same. Thank You Lord for giving us more time with him.

No comments: