Friday, June 20, 2008

Crazy Week....

Well, it's been a very interesting week. First of all we had a good Father's Day. David and I spent the day with our dad's. We have been apart for Father's Day and Mother's day since we have been married. We agreed that as long as our parents where still here and we where able, we would spend the day with our parents. So that's what we did for Father's Day. I didn't get him anything because he got him some tools to fix our roof.

Oh Yeah, that's what has been going on this week. We have replaced our shingles on our house. We have been discussing this for awhile now. We reviewed our insurance and decided to clam our roof damage. I say roof damage because our master bedroom was a add on. So when they added our bedroom they built it the cheapest way they could. So on top of our bedroom on our roof, the decking was chipboard plywood. Whoever put shingles on it, did not do a very good job. We have been having roof leaks but David check it out and it was in the valley of the roof. So he just put roofing tire on the valley. It work for awhile. But we keep checking outside of the house and we keep noticing our roof was dipping in a little. So we got ahold of our insurance and they told us to get an est. So that's what we did we got our insurance check and started this week repairing the damage.

We got on the roof and I kid you not, the first piece of shingle David tore off our roof caved in. I freak out, why in the world would you put chipboard for a roof. So we had to put all new decking, and all new shingles. It has been a mess!!! We started Tuesday, but we ran out of day light. So we had to leave half the roof off my bedroom. So when we woke up Wednesday Morning I could see daylight in my room. Plus it was suppose to be a clear sky, but it came up a cloud. It ended up raining inside my bedroom a little. Plus when they tore my roof off David's brother fell through our bedroom ceiling. He was OK, but our ceiling wasn't.

We are very grateful to have siblings help us out. David's Brother does roofing on the side. And my sister is a hard worker. Isn't that why you have siblings, to help? So with their help, plus a couple men from work help us replace the decking and replace our shingles. Luckily my mom took Carson and watch him. He would be in the way and into everything. Hopefully we will have all the shingles done today or tomorrow. It just depends on the weather here in Paragould. I will be so ready for vacation next week. I told David just do the roof, we can live with the ceiling for a couple of weeks. But when we come back from the lake, We have a ton of things to do to the house. What a crazy week this has been. I guess everyone has a week like this, one time or another. I really to here the Lake calling my name!!!

No comments: