Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A New Beginning...

Ok, so I sound like a story book!! But that's what it feels like. It just feels like a new chapter of our lives. We have just started the summer on a very high note. The first day of Preschool was yesterday and everything went good. We started the morning by letting him watch Thomas the Train.We just took our time getting ready and reassure him that everything will be ok. Before we knew it, the clock said 6:50. So we put him in the car. As he sat in his car set, I look back and I knew that my little boy was becoming a big boy. This step of preschool confirmed that he was about to grow up very quickly before my eyes. I knew David wanted to come and be apart of his first day of preschool. It was just the three of us, headed to preschool. As we approach the school, the very first thing Carson saw was the big playground in the back. He wanted to go play, instead of going inside.We walk up to the door, walked inside and we found his room, signed him in and we talked with a few teacher's aid's. His teacher didn't get there till 7:30. So we just hung out until we meet her. Her name is Mrs. Denise, she seems nice. So as we where leaving, he gave us kisses and hugs. I couldn't help myself I started crying. Not that I was upset, but because I was happy for him. He seemed to be ok with everything. But he looked like a lost puppy, because he didn't know anybody yet.

So as we left, me and David went our separate way's going to work. He was glad he came. I went through the day looking at the clock thinking of what he might be doing. My babysitter even called and check on how he did. She is such a sweet person, I will never forget her. It was a busy day so the day went by fast. As the clock struck 4:00 I left to go picked him up and there he was inside his room, playing. He also help the aids pick up the toy's in his room. I'm so proud of him, he was so hot and tired. We made it!! We made our New Chapter of Life!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi there... jumping over from themomblogs. i can also remember my kids' first day in school. it is indeed a milestone. but i can remember the anxieties I had, concerned if i was able to teach them the right tools, worried if they will be hurt... oh well, these are the challenges of parenting. all the best to you and your family...