Wednesday, July 18, 2007

When it Rains it Pours

Well it never fails, when it rains it pours. We went to the Ear Dr. for my son yesterday. He has to have surgery next week. He got tubes in his ears last year in March. The Dr. said the tubes would fall out in about six to nine months. Well we went back in March of this year, and the tubes are still in his ears. So the Dr. said he wanted to wait for couple more months and see if they are still in. We went yesterday those tubes are still in my little boy's ears. So we are now facing surgery to remove the tubes. Let me give you a rough update about my little boy. We got pregnant with him in March of 04. Excited because we had been trying to get pregnant for about a year. I was very depressed and down. I prayed to god and came to peace with it. That it was his will whether or not I was to have a child. Anyway I got pregnant, very excited in fact words could not describe the feeling me and my husband felt. It was a very smooth pregnancy, just a couple of minor heath problems. Then it happened. I was 8 months pregnant, when I went in for a normal ultrasound to see how big the baby was. The Dr. didn't like what he was seeing on the screen. The baby had fluid surround the bowels, and the kidney's where full of fluid. He said this was not good. But the heart and everything else was fine. He wanted me off my feet and very little movement. I was so very scared. But he wanted us to come back the next morning and take another look. So that's what we did. He didn't like the view again. So we all decided to have a C-Secion the next day. So November 23, 2004 at 7:30pm out came Carson Allen Roush. During this time I had family praying in Ar, Mo, In, Ms. I felt the prayers!! I really did. The prayers worked, we had things set up for if he needed to go to the children's hospital it was available. He was bad but not bad enough to send him away. I knew that he was going to be fine. So my son came out, everything on the outside was perfect. But on the inside. He has was is know as Hydronephrosi. It is dealing with the bladder and the kidney. The tube from the right kidney was not completely inserted in the bladder. So we had to take him to Labourers in Memphis. We went to a Dr that specialized in urology. My son was a month old when we had to place him on a board tied down from head to toe. So that he could have some test done. I knew this was to happen because we needed to know what was to happen. He told us we needed to surgery insert the tube. The Dr. wanted us to hold off until he got a little bigger to have the surgery. That sounded good right. The clause was he had to take a antibiotics and a steroid everyday for the first 10 months of his life. So we decided to have the operation on September 15, 2005. And the surgery took almost four hours. But the prayers keep coming, and again I felt peace. Since than
he has surgery to remove stints, surgery to put tubes in his ear, delt with Asama and allergies breathing treatments. And now he has to have an operation to remove the tubes. He is so worth it. Since we have had him, me and my husband have been truly blessed. We wish he didn't have to go through what he has been, but we are glad god chose us to be with this little bright boy.

No comments: