Monday, November 12, 2007

I'm Not a Pageant Mother...

Well, the Jig is up. I'm not a Pageant Mother. Let me explain. Last Tuesday, we where asked if I would be interested in entering Carson in a Beauty Pageant. Mind you he has never entered a pageant. Well, I surrendered, Mom and my friend Ginger talked me into it. The pageant was Church Wear. So I just pulled an outfit from the closet, that we found at Dillard's in the spring on sale. It was tan pants, with a under shirt green,white, and cream. And we had a cover shirt that was dark green swede. It was cute, although I probably could have found a better outfit. So we got up Saturday Morning I let him play up till we had to get his bath. I put play close on him till we got there. We missed rehearsal because I had already schedule pictures for his birthday at Sears. The rehearsal was the Friday night before. We got there we had no clue what was going on or where to go. Luckily Amy the one that was in charge of it, showed us where to go and get ready. Mind you I have never done this before with him. I mean I was in a few pageants when I was little. But I had never put my son in a pageant before. His Daddy always told me that pageants where for girls. So here we are surrounded by all pretty little girls. Carson just looked at them like what I'm I doing here. So we got our number, and paperwork. Went and put his clothes on him. And just telling him if he did good we would go to the mall and play and get a toy. So we waited till our number was called. Mom and my sister went out in the audience to take pictures. The pageant was not very big at all, they where just raising money for Christmas for the needy in the town. So we waited, they called for the tiny little misses, than baby little misses, then it was our turn Baby Little Mr. There was only one other little boy that had entered. So we got on stage and blew kisses, waved at Nana and aunt sissy. Blew kisses at the judges (this is what I did when I was little) and tried to smile. Now Carson is a typical little boy. He will laugh and smile when he wants to. But he will not do it, on cue. He held my hand and would not let go. I figure he would get on stage and just start crying. But, I thought he did very well consider he didn't know what was going on. So we did our wave and all the turns, and things like that. We went back stage and waiting till they called for us again. We got called, went back on stage they called Carson name for the Most Photogenic. He got a plaque and a ribbon sash. Then he got called for 1st runner up. Got a trophy and another ribbon sash. The other little boy got Mr. Baby Autumn Beau. He got a bigger trophy and a ribbon sash, but, he got a toy truck instead of a Crown. That was fine and dandy, because we had already told Carson he would get a toy later. I turned out OK, It's just I'm not a Pageant Mother. I'm just not into paying big money for a few turns. Just to tell me that my child is prettier than the other's. I'm not against it by no means. I'm just not into it. So we may or not enter another one, who knows. But right now I'm Not a Pageant Mother!!!

No comments: