Wednesday, November 28, 2007

What a Weekend...

I must say that having a child around a holiday is not easy. We celebrated Thanksgiving, than turned around and had Carson's third Birthday. It was a good year though. For the first time in a long time. I took the time and thought about what I am so Thankful for this year. We are truly blessed. And we Thank God up above for that. So we celebrated Thanksgiving with our family. It went very well. I got a new tradition started for Thanksgiving Day. I got the idea from the ladies at Stamp Camp the other night. Thanks!! The idea was to bring whatever you wanted to work on, and scrapbook with your family on Thanksgiving Day. It was kind of odd. It was different. Because, we really haven't scrap with each other. So I hope a new tradition was formed. I hope everyone enjoyed it. We just shared and laughed with each other. Before we new it, the day was over and everyone headed home. So I was thankful that we have a hobby that we can share during the holiday's.
So the next thing happened over the weekend. Was Carson's third birthday party. I had to work Friday, but I research on the Internet and found a wonderful idea for his party. You see we did his party in Thomas the Train. Thomas the Train is just what he is into this year. Last year it was Elmo, and the year before was just his first birthday. So I decided that this year was going to be good. I took the idea from a lady, that planned a party for her three year old nephew. She had turned her house into a train station. She had e-mail step by step what she had did for the party. First of all she used black duct tape for the train tracks. She placed the tracks all over the floor. And made the character out of cardboard boxes and spray paint.
She also gave this idea, not to give the kids their goodie bags. But have games and let them win prizes (Goodie Bag items) and let them fill their goodie bags. So that's what we did. I started with a letter from Sir. Tophem Hat. And it read that Thomas the train was one his way to Carson's Party and that he was lost and he needed help trying to find Thomas. He also said that if along the way Thomas friends might need help. Help them out if we could. So we started down the hall, and the very first thing. Toby had drop coal out of his train car. Could we help him out by putting the coal back into his car. So the kids put coal (black socks filled with rice) back into the car. They got a prize. Then we moved on down. The Cranky the Crane dropped packages into the water, and could we fish and get the packages out. (Plywood with a Blue sheet leaned up against the hallway, with someone behind it to clip brown sacks filled with goodies to a dowel rod with yarn and a clothes pin) They loved it. So one we go, and Percy had ran into the chocolate factory and got candy all over him. The kid's had to collect all the choc late candy. So we help him out. Last but not least was James. He knew where Thomas was but the steam was thick and he couldn't get his whistle to work. (Steam was white balloon's) and under the balloons was the kid's whistles. So as they where blowing on their whistles, I had an adult blow on one in the other room. There was Thomas the Train. (Thomas Tent that my mom bought Carson) Inside the tent was pinata candy.
You should have seen all those faces. It was alot of work to put together, but in the end it was all worth it. I was so pleased how everything went. Carson had about four little kids at his party. Being a holiday weekend it was hard to get his friends to come to his party. That is just something we are all going to have to deal with as he gets older. But he had about twenty-five adults.
My best friend and her mom made the cake and my dad got a helium tank to blow the balloon's up. Mom and my sister prepared the food. And my older cousin's help with the games. So all in all it was a Wonderful Team Effort. I hope his parties go just as good in the future. I love to create things that will have a lasting memory in people. It doesn't matter if I have a good time it matter's to me if everybody else has a good time. What a wonderful weekend, I'm even tired of blogging about it. I Thank God for another year with my son!!

No comments: