Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Count Down till I'm 30...

It's September 30, and only 19 day's till my birthday. As I think about my birthday approaching very fast there are many memories I have. I've had some wonderful birthday's and some that were not so wonderful. So I'm going to try to share some of my most memorable birthday's of the last thirty year's. Who knew thirty year's ago I would be blogging to complete stranger's about my life and family. So stay tuned because I will share with you some of the crazy event's and memory's I keep stored in my heart.
But today I want to start off by; saying Thank You to my Mom and Dad. Thanks for giving me a life full of blessings, family and friends. Thanks for engraving me the tools of life; God, Bible, and the knowledge of the Lord. There was not doubt in my entire life that I would go to church, that I was to be the best person I could be, or to keep my family very close. My mom and dad meet in the Moark Association Choir. My mom lived in Piggott Ar, while my dad lived in Paragould Ar. When they first meet, my dad was interested in my mom's cousin. (How Weird)But they eventually started talking and then going out. They dated for about six month's and then my dad asked if she would marry him. He proposed in his car going to church. He asked my Grandmother for mom's hand in marriage and she said Yes.
Then on February 14, 1975 on Valentine's Day Night they said there wedding vow's. In a little church called Gravel Hill in Piggott Ar. They decided to move to Paragould Ar, where my Dad was working for Larry Cup Electric. and my mom was a stay at home wife. My mom and dad bought a single wide trailer and 3 1/2 acres of land. After a year of staying at home my mom decided to get a job, she worked at the shirt factory in Paragould. After a couple of year's they decided to build a house. So my dad had in mind to start the building project, sale the trailor and rent a house in town. While they where building my Dad had a block wall, fall on him and broke both arm's and could not work. Mom was five month's pregant with me. So mom and dad moved in with my Grandma and Grandpa. Grandma took care of me and dad while mom was working at the shirt factory. After a year of living with my Grandparent's, my mother told my dad to put up some walls and a bathroom on there land. And that formed the one room house. My family up north would come down and claim it was a furinture store. But that is what we lived in till I was ten year's old. (I tell you this because most of my Party's was in the one room house.) They went to Blue Cross GB Church and my dad was a dedicated deacon within the church. My mom was a Sunday school teacher. And the church youth loved my mom and dad. Who wouldn't love them!!
Let me try to explain them to you. Let me start with my Dad first, He is a very Godly Man, He truly loves the Lord with all his heart. He has been blessed with the knowledge of the Lord and the Lord blessed him with a gift of song and piano. He started playing the piano, when he was eight year's old. He still plays for our church today. He has alot of knowledge of Electric, Heating and Air and now Plumbing. He owns his own business called G/G Electric. While most people see him all the time our family hardly sees him. We call him a work aholic. It's not a bad thing because he always provided for us. I love him and I never want to disappoint him.
My mom is totally opposite. She is a loving, gentle, happy lady. She ardors her children and grandchildren. I have to admit we all get spoilt by her. She loves the Lord with all her heart. Her special gift is song. She loves to sing and she does that by being in our church choir. She en joy's cooking and scrap booking. She is someone you can talk to and she helps you through your problem's. I don't want to brag or anything, but my friends loved hanging out with her. She acted cool and more of a sister than a mother. And that is how I feel toward her today. She is my mentor and my best friend. I love her so much.


Our family is a little different than most. We don't have much, but what we have we have remained a very close net family. We see each other everyday of the week. Why? Because we all work together and hang out together. We are not like most family's who can't stand to be with each other. In fact we love being around each other. After twenty nine year's of going through everything together. There is nothing I would change about my life. Because It all makes me who I am today. So just let thirty come!! I'm ready to face another decade of my life!! Counting down, only nineteen left to go!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that is a wonderful tribute to your parents...you are blessed indeed!