Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Eighteen Day's Left till I turn 30...

Eighteen day's till I turn 3o, I'm not going to give in and say I'm getting old. That is not true, but I do want to think back and remember some really cool party's I've had. First of all I entered in the world October 18, 1978 at 4:10am. I weighed 7lb and 6oz. My mom went to bed feeling, hurting a little bit. Then at around mid-night she woke up and her water had broke. Dad drove 80-90 up to the hospital. Back in 78 they gave the mother's a twilight medicine. So she didn't know what she had until she woke up the next morning. But she felt good and blessed. She had shared a room with another woman. And the nurse brought in a red headed baby, she thought it was me. But it turned out it was the other ladies. Then the nurse brought me in, with a head full of dark brown hair. Mom and Dad's hair was blond. It turned out it was me!!
AMY after mom hearing that name mom like it. Diann after Mom's middle name. And so there I was. I was the first child, the first grand daughter on both sides of the family. I was the only girl at that time in both of mom and dad's family. Let me tell you I was very spoilt. Well spoilt in a way of alot of Love and Affection. So from then on my Parent's where very blessed with me.
And they wanted to celebrate my life. The best way they knew how. Most birthday's, they didn't have very much, but she made sure we had a cake and alot of friends and family. As I turned ONE, thirty year's ago. (You know I don't remember that birthday) LOL!! Anyway, has you might have read in the post before, we didn't have a place to live. A wall fell on top of my Dad. He had broken both arms, had surgery three or four times on his wrist's that year. Plus had plastic surgery on his head!! So the only money coming in was my mom, working at the shirt factory. Enough money to pay the Land payment. So where did we live? My Grandma and Grandpa. Mom and Dad stayed in Dad's old Bedroom, and my crib was at the foot of there bed.
So I celebrated my very first birthday with mainly family.
My Aunt Carla made my two cakes. There was alot of family and some church friends.
Mom told me that I didn't like having the cake on my hands or in my hair. My gifts' where my Roley poly, some clothes, and book's.

While blogging today I reread my Baby Book and mom shared with me that there where alot of people that loved me and everyone wanted me. Mom and Dad had alot of baby sitter's. It just goes to show how close our family is and how we are there for each other.

No comments: