Friday, October 17, 2008

One More day till I turn 30...

Yeah!! Well it's just about here!! I Just really don't know how to react!! I walk in at work this morning and well let me just say it is raining the number 30 over my desk!! I've got a sign over my desk that declares I'm Over the Hill. I have a balloon with the number 30 on it. There are white and black streamer's hanging over my desk. The balloon's say Still Wild at 30!! I tell you what!! I do not feel old. There is so much that has happened in my life, and I don't know why I'm trying to feel different. It's just a number, a age, everyone will approach, this point in there life. So right now I'm just going with it, I'm turning 30!! I feel like I'm in one of those group session's saying...Hi, my name is Amy and I'm turning 30!!

Anyway one last memory I have, before I put my birthday memories to rest. Is when I turned eighteen. Where life as a Teenager ends and life as an adult begins. So Here is my last memory as a teenager.

I actually had a hard time figuring out what to do for my 18th party. I mean it was going to be hard to top my sweet 16 party. So I decided to go back to the park, and just have all my girlfriends around. Mom was able to help me on this party (No broken foot). We had another cook out, and my friends went crazy. We danced, we laughed, we talked, and we just hung out. It was sooo cool. As I think about it, It was one of the last parties, where everyone came together and just had fun. So here are some crazy pictures of me and my friends!!
There are a few pictures of me at church. My Grandmother made me a Birthday cake and our real good friend Mrs. Dorthy Johnson surprised me at church. I also got a suitcase for my birthday!! It was suppose to be for my graduation, but they gave it to me early. I had a Senior Trip to Florida and no suitcase. The whole 18th Birthday kinda gets me sad. I was the only grand daughter that my grandmother got to celebrate turning eighteen. I had my birthday in October and my grandmother died in April!! But she lived life full just like I'm planning on doing!!

There is nothing I would take back or do different on my Birthday's, because it was a chance to celebrate my life. No mater what the number on the cake is or was, or the amount of people that was around. I think everyone should celebrate their life. God created you and you should celebrate the miracle of your life. Soooo That's what I'm doing, because the old lady hasn't sung yet. So look Out World I'm Turning Thirty Tomorrow!!

No comments: